Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "fabien.nisol" <fa...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/06 19:12:35 UTC

Using activemq as a client within a localized Netbeans module

Hi all,

just wanted to share my experience trying to setup a retroactive consumer
into a localized Netbeans Platform application.

I discovered a weird bug trying to create a topic when the platform was
running in a language different then english (french in my case)

session.createTopic("aTopic?consumer.retroactive=true");

the consumer would not start in retroactive mode...

after many hours of investigation, I noticed that creating the topic in
french was solving the problem !

session.createTopic("aTopic?consumer.retroactive=vrai");

After yet another few hours of research, I noticed it was a problem deep
into the ActiveMQ way to decode things...

In order to decode the URI, activeMq uses the PropertyEditorManager class,
which in turn will try to decode the properties using a property editor
suited to the property type.

Netbeans Platform overrides the default BooleanEditor implementation in
order to encode/decode booleans so the presented values are localized...

The problem with this is the fact a localized BooleanEditor in Netbeans
won't recognize "true" to be Boolean.TRUE, but instead will put the default
"false" value.

I don't know if I should file this as a Netbeans Platform bug or a ActiveMq
bug, since I am not sure if ActiveMQ intended to make the configuration URIs
"localized" or not....

Should ActiveMQ use PropertiesEditorManager ?