Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ruben Safir <ru...@mrbrklyn.com> on 2014/09/16 03:18:00 UTC

AddHandle perl-script *

Bare with me a momement here because it has taken me two days to figure
even this much out.

I wanted to create a mod_perl module to forbid certain noxious urls
patterns and it worked,  But when I needed a directory URL's then the
server failed to make the translation to index.html or to give me
directory listings.

Embperl had always been hidden behind the <File *html> directive but for
the new blocking module there is was.

For two days I tried to debug this and finally I happened along this
instruction page:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache2-ModProxyPerlHtml/ModProxyPerlHtml.pm

PerlInputFilterHandler Apache2::ModProxyPerlHtml
    PerlOutputFilterHandler Apache2::ModProxyPerlHtml
    SetHandler perl-script
    # Use line below iand comment line above if you experience error:
    # "Attempt to serve directory". The reason is that with SetHandler
    # DirectoryIndex is not working
    # AddHandler perl-script *

So I said Oh - there is the bug in mod_perl.  So I changed all the
SetHandler perl-scripts to AddHAndler perl-script

Big Problem

embperl stopped working now.
Embperl seems to NEED SetHandler Perl-script

Is there a workaround?

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com