Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Ken Y. Clark" <kc...@logsoft.com> on 2002/10/11 14:31:36 UTC

Testing mod_perl app on Windows

My boss has asked me to pick up a Windows box so that I can test my
application using the standard browsers on that OS.  OK, I can see
how it is a Good Thing to make sure that those people unfortunate
enough to use Windows are able to use my application without errors.
But I also had another idea:  As I'm trying to make sure my code is
platform-neutral, I'd like to try installing everything on the Windows
platform as some people who download my app might try to do this.
Not having touched Windows in about 3 years, all the different
products really confuse me.  When I go to the local PC store to pick
up a box, what should I ask for?  Windows 2000, ME, XP?  Is there a
specific XP server, or can I install Apache/mod_perl on the standard
desktop OS?

ky

Re: Testing mod_perl app on Windows

Posted by pascal barbedor <pa...@laposte.net>.
Hi

2000 or XP are more robust, shell a little better
you can install apache/modperl on any  2000, XP
on XP you have name completion like in unix in the shell windows, a little +

I have a running server on 2000 with apache 1 /modperl 1 plus a reverse
proxy plain apache server to speed up a little

pascal

[OT] Re: Testing mod_perl app on Windows

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
FYI: MS Windows .NET server (which is the XP server equivalent) is available
for beta.  Find out at windowsbeta.microsoft.com

  Issac