Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Fenlason, Josh" <jf...@ptc.com> on 2002/09/19 15:47:18 UTC

Building Tomcat from source

I'm trying to build Tomcat 4.1.11 from the source in cvs.  I tried following BUILDING.txt, but I managed to mess it up.  What all do I need to checkout from cvs?  I'm not very familiar with cvs.  Is there anything special I need to with cvs?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
,
Josh.

Re: Building Tomcat from source

Posted by Bill Barker <re...@verizon.net>.
Assuming that Jakarta-Ant has already been downloaded, and $ANT_HOME/bin is
in your PATH, then all you need to do is:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co
jakarta-tomcat-4.0
$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co -r
tomcat_4_branch jakarta-tomcat-jasper