Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ir...@standardlife.com on 2005/11/18 11:19:17 UTC

cross context failing on Tomcat 5.5.9

Cross context failing on moving from Tomcat 4.1.27 to 5.5.9
I have an application which consists of several application wars all within
the same virtual host. Each application is configured with the same servlet
filter which gets the context for the main part of the application.
I have crossContext="true" on all the context elements. The context
elements are each in a <file>.xml where <file> is their app name and the
root context is in ROOT.xml. They are all under
Catalina_Home/conf/engine_name/host_name/*.xml
This application works fine on Tomcat 4.1.27 and fails on Tomcat 5.5.9. It
is failing at the point where the filter attempts, from within its own
servlet context to getContext(name) - that call returns null every time.

What am I doing wrong ? Am I missing some configuration element ?

Irene

For more information on Standard Life, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.co.uk/

The Standard Life Assurance Company, Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road,
Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland (No. SZ4) and is authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Tel: 0131 225 2552 -
calls may be recorded or monitored. This confidential e-mail is for the
addressee only. If received in error, do not retain/copy/disclose it
without our consent and please return it to us. We virus scan and monitor
all e-mails but are not responsible for any damage caused by a virus or
alteration by a third party after it is sent.