Posted to user@spark.apache.org by ayan guha <gu...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/13 03:54:57 UTC

Inode for STS

Hi

We are running Spark Thrift Server as a long running application. However,
 it looks like it is filling up /tmp/hive folder with lots of small files
and directories with no file in them, blowing out inode limit and
preventing any connection with "No Space Left in Device" issue.

What is the best way to clean up those small files periodically?

--
Best Regards,
Ayan Guha

Re: Inode for STS

Posted by ayan guha <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Thanks for this. However, I am interested in regular deletion of temp while
server is up. Additionally, the link says it is not of use for multi-user
environment. Any other idea? is there any variation of cleaner.ttl?

--
Best Regards,
Ayan Guha

Re: Inode for STS

Posted by Chanh Le <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ayan,
I seem like you mention this https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Configuration+Properties#ConfigurationProperties-hive.start.cleanup.scratchdir <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Configuration+Properties#ConfigurationProperties-hive.start.cleanup.scratchdir>

Re: Inode for STS

Posted by ayan guha <gu...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,