Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tom <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2014/01/22 22:31:22 UTC

dataimport handler

Hi,
I am trying to use dataimporthandler(Solr 4.6) from oracle database, but I
have some issues in mapping the data.
I have 3 columns in the test_table,
 column1,
 column2,
 id

dataconfig.xml

      <entity name="test_table"
				query="select * from test_table" >
			<field column="column1" name="id" />
			<field column="column2" name="name" />
        </entity>

Issue is,
- if I remove the id column from the table, index fails, solr is looking for
id column even though it is not mapped in dataconfig.xml.
- if I add, it directly maps the id column form the db to solr id, it
ignores the column1, even though it is mapped.

my problem is I don't have ID in every table, I should be able to map the
column I choose from the table to solr Id,  any solution will be greatly
appreciated.

`Tom

Re: dataimport handler

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
I'm guessing that "id" in your schema.xml is also a unique key field.
If so, each document must have an id field or Solr will refuse to
index them.

DataImportHandler will map the id field in your table to Solr schema's
id field only if you have not specified a mapping.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 3:01 AM, tom <pr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to use dataimporthandler(Solr 4.6) from oracle database, but I
> have some issues in mapping the data.
> I have 3 columns in the test_table,
>  column1,
>  column2,
>  id
>
> dataconfig.xml
>
>       <entity name="test_table"
>                                 query="select * from test_table" >
>                         <field column="column1" name="id" />
>                         <field column="column2" name="name" />
>         </entity>
>
> Issue is,
> - if I remove the id column from the table, index fails, solr is looking for
> id column even though it is not mapped in dataconfig.xml.
> - if I add, it directly maps the id column form the db to solr id, it
> ignores the column1, even though it is mapped.
>
> my problem is I don't have ID in every table, I should be able to map the
> column I choose from the table to solr Id,  any solution will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> `Tom

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.