Posted to users@maven.apache.org by raghu guru <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/28 20:29:49 UTC

Automatic Way to Identify When Error Happens

Hi All,

Is there any plugin available to catch error when maven was executed at
command line

For eg. i want to run command line "mvn -e clean install" at top level of my
project, it will take about 2 hrs in our project to compile, so i don't want
to wait for that, instead i just wanted to be notified the result of that
execution. Is there any plugin like mail or anything else available??.  i
know we can write one wrapper script and check for errors there, but some
time the compilation errors are not getting caught by the wrapper script,
thats why i want to see if there any implemenation to check for the status
of mvn command

Please Help

Re: Automatic Way to Identify When Error Happens

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> This is something i'm trying to find out, or is there any plugin which
> allows me at the time of some compile failure to some special tasks like
> flag / touch some file??

You could potentially use mvn -fae (fail at end) and specify your own
plugin as the "last thing to be executed" in the build. Then your
plugin would need to decide if the build was successful or not by
looking at MavenProject etc and "do something".

But that is going to be an exercise left to the reader, unless you
find that someone has already written a plugin like this.

Wayne

Re: Automatic Way to Identify When Error Happens

Posted by raghu guru <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yeah we already have BuildForge tool,

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.