Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Tarun <ta...@secf.com> on 2005/07/07 15:58:06 UTC

Scheduler Service

hi All

i am using turbine with velocity. i want to run the scheduler service.

As the example given in the link  http://www.ingrid.org/jajakarta/turbine/en/turbine/turbine-2/services/scheduler-service.html . I try to run that service with that example but it is not generating any logs in the turbine.log. when i debug i found that this below statement

ScheduleService ss = (ScheduleService)TurbineServices
                        .getInstance()
                        .getService(ScheduleService.SERVICE_NAME);
is not returning any scheduler service reference.

i want to ask one thing more here in this example it is given that Tasks are stored in the database in the TURBINE_SCHEDULED_JOB table and once entered in the database are loaded automatically when Turbine initializes.
this table (TURBINE_SCHEDULE_JOB) is implicitly generated by the turbine itself or manually one has to create.

Thanks and Regards
Tarun

Re: Scheduler Service

Posted by Malcolm Kendall <mi...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi Tarun,
The table

TURBINE_SCHEDULE_JOB

must be created by yourself as part of the Torque (or other)
database definition. e.g.
		<column name="JOB_ID" required="true" primaryKey="true" type="INTEGER"/>
		<column name="SECOND" default="-1" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
		<column name="MINUTE" default="-1" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
		<column name="HOUR" default="-1" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
		<column name="WEEK_DAY" default="-1" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
		<column name="DAY_OF_MONTH" default="-1" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
		<column name="TASK" required="true" size="99" type="VARCHAR"/>
		<column name="EMAIL" size="99" type="VARCHAR"/>
		<column name="PROPERTY" type="VARBINARY"/>

Hope this helps,
Malcolm Kendall

Re: Scheduler Service

Posted by kapil <ka...@brickred.com>.