Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bjorn Hermans <bj...@e-cube.nl> on 2002/03/22 14:20:30 UTC

Why does Xerces-P generate a "MalformedURLExceptio" exception?

Hi,

I'm trying to parse an XML document which starts with the following two
lines:
  <?xml version='1.0'?>
  <!DOCTYPE paymentService PUBLIC "-//Bibit/DTD Bibit PaymentService
v1//EN"
   "http://dtd.bibit.com/paymentService_v1.dtd">

However, Xerces generates an exception about this:
  An exception occured! Type:MalformedURLException, Message:The URL used
an unsupported
  protocol

What is going wrong? The "<!DOCTYPE ..." line by all means looks like a
valid XML line to me, and for all I can find out "http" is a valid and
supported protocol...
Do I need to install additional software in order for Xerces to be able
to retrieve and external DTD? (The file can be parsed just fine if I
store the DTD locally, so it doesn't seem to be a problem related to an
invalid DTD or XML input file.)

Regards,
Bjorn Hermans.

Re: Why does Xerces-P generate a "MalformedURLExceptio" exception?

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Fredrick Paul Eisele" <ph...@netarx.com> writes:

> I may be delirious, but doesn't the url need to begin with a blank in
> this context? i.e.
>
>  " http://dtd.bibit.com/paymentService_v1.dtd">

I can't imagine why. Do you have any reason for that?

jas.

Re: Why does Xerces-P generate a "MalformedURLExceptio" exception?

Posted by Fredrick Paul Eisele <ph...@netarx.com>.

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.