Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2008/03/05 06:07:42 UTC

T5: beaneditor and remove

Hi,

I like beaneditor, it's very powerful, however I found this 'remove' option
time consuming, many time I need to display or edit only a few fields, maybe
we can add another parameter like 'removeAllExcept'? this will remove all
the fields from the model except those listed, that will be a good time
saving feature, what do you think?

A.C.

Re: T5: beaneditor and remove

Posted by Christoph Jaeger <ch...@derwald.at>.
This was something that came to my mind earlier: a nice enhancement for
the BeanEditor could be to be able to select a "flavour" or layout, like
"use divs" or "use a table" (or even some other kind of presenting input
fields and labels).

Christoph

Re: T5: beaneditor and remove

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
I agree,

Re: T5: beaneditor and remove

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 10:45 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would call such a parameter "keep" or "include".  In fact, renaming
>  the existing parameters from "remove" to "exclude" would probably be a
>  good idea if the community would support it.

I usually don't care too much at names... but i would definitely like
to support this changes

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: T5: beaneditor and remove

Posted by Marcus <mv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Howard,

If i want to disable one or more attributes(the user should view it, but not
change it, so it can't be removed) i have to add a parameter with the
disabled="true" in the component body.
My suggestion: A new attribute for BeanEditForm, "disabled", like "remove"
and "reorder". A comma separated list of fields that have to appear disabled
in BeanEditForm.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2153

Thanks,

Marcus

Re: T5: beaneditor and remove

Posted by "com.liigo@gmail.com" <co...@gmail.com>.
在 Thu, 06 Mar 2008 05:45:16 +0800,Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> 写
道:

> I would call such a parameter "keep" or "include".  In fact, renaming
> the existing parameters from "remove" to "exclude" would probably be a
> good idea if the community would support it.

+1, liigo(non-binding)

Re: T5: beaneditor and remove

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.
+1

-Filip

Re: T5: beaneditor and remove

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
include and exclude sound ok

Re: T5: beaneditor and remove

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I would call such a parameter "keep" or "include".  In fact, renaming
the existing parameters from "remove" to "exclude" would probably be a
good idea if the community would support it.

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I like beaneditor, it's very powerful, however I found this 'remove' option
>  time consuming, many time I need to display or edit only a few fields, maybe
>  we can add another parameter like 'removeAllExcept'? this will remove all
>  the fields from the model except those listed, that will be a good time
>  saving feature, what do you think?
>
>  A.C.
>  --

Howard M. Lewis Ship