Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Luke Reeves <lu...@oceanlake.com> on 2000/08/25 16:15:52 UTC

Variables in an XSLT sheet

I'm trying to declare a variable at the start of an XSLT sheet like so:

	<xsl:variable name="english">true</xsl:variable>

And trying to use that later in the sheet with:

	<xsl:if test="$english='true'">

But the test code is never executed.  Anyone know why?  Thanks.

	Luke Reeves, Oceanlake
	luke@oceanlake.com

Re: Variables in an XSLT sheet

Posted by Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tech.com>.
Luke Reeves wrote:

> I'm trying to declare a variable at the start of an XSLT sheet like so:
>
> 	<xsl:variable name="english">true</xsl:variable>
>
> And trying to use that later in the sheet with:
>
> 	<xsl:if test="$english='true'">
>
> But the test code is never executed.  Anyone know why?  Thanks.
>
> 	Luke Reeves, Oceanlake
> 	luke@oceanlake.com

These are very few informations, but you could check the value of '$english'
with an 'xsl:message' directly before the "xsl:if":
<xsl:message><xsl:value-of select="$english"/></xsl:message>

As far as I know Xalan prints those messages to standard out (or error?).

Conny
Conny Krappatsch
SMB GmbH
mailto:conny@smb-tec.com