Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1996/06/30 02:34:46 UTC

Items to start thinking about with Apache 1.2

According to my notes (gotta love that Newton!) and my own shoddy
memory, the following appear to be the items "up for bids" for Apache
1.2. Once we release 1.1, we can start considering these goodies, which
are, by no means, a complete list.

  Possible patches to fold in (mostly ready to roll):

    o Ben's "graceful restart" patch
    o RST's "lingering close" patch
    o Jim's #define's clean-up patch

  Items to be considered and debated:

    o Continue the debate on switching over to some
      flavor of autoconf
    o The Official Apache style: document or GNUindent flags??
    o Dropping mod_log_common.c in favor of mod_log_config.c
      (making sure, of course, that the default of _config.c
      is compatible with _common.c)
    o Look into bigger counters for mod_status
    o Michael Douglass' mod_status patch (?nodead)
    o Jim's "maintain-scoreboard-between-reboot" patch (when complete)

Why post this now? It's never too early to start <g>

Re: Items to start thinking about with Apache 1.2

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
Jim, there is such a thing as too early, at least this weekend. :)

To have something "on paper" to discuss, I've been maintaining a document
over the last week or so as a project plan for post-1.1.  This is based on
a number of messages that have flowed through here, private conversations,
other documents (like the previous "wish list" document), etc.  It's at

http://hyperreal.com/httpd/project-plan.html

Don't burn much time on analysing it until 1.1 is out... but when we have
a talk about the future directions I would like that to be our canvas.

	Brian

Re: Items to start thinking about with Apache 1.2

Posted by Michael Douglass <mi...@texas.net>.
On Sat, 29 Jun 1996, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>     o Michael Douglass' mod_status patch (?nodead)

I also submitted a seperate patch to mod_status that would take and add
an <A HREF="..."> tag to each server if the command was a GET /blah.html
to allow administrators to easily view a recently accessed page on their
web server directly from the status page.  When ya start to work on 1.2
and start looking towards the mod_status stuff I've been working on; I'll
resend the diffs that I have.

Now I'm going to go put some time in on mod_imap.c; buffers, buffers,
buffers.

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"