Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Johannes Jander <ja...@zedat.fu-berlin.de> on 2004/07/21 20:26:09 UTC

Paths in Link-URLs inserted by BXE

hi,

is there a way to influence the URL BXE creates when one defines a link?

I am using Lenya in a setup where the path to my publication
(/lenya/publicationname/live/) is hidden by rewriting and proxying.
So, instead of:

/lenya/hierundda/live/index.html
/lenya/hierundda/live/howto.html

the URLs look like

/index.html
/howto.html

I'd like to follow links created by Lenya to conform to this schema
to make them more human-readable. While BXE is very convenient to
create links, unfortunately it prefixes them with the partial path.

Is there a way to configure it to stop doing so?

cheers

Re: Paths in Link-URLs inserted by BXE

Posted by Johannes Jander <ja...@zedat.fu-berlin.de>.
At 14:15 Uhr +0200 22.07.2004, Andreas Hartmann wrote:

>Exactly. I'm about to commit the new LinkRewritingTransformer which
>will make the proxy configuration more straight-forward.

Great news, thanks a lot :)

Re: Paths in Link-URLs inserted by BXE

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Johannes Jander wrote:
>

>> /lenya/hierundda/live/index.html
>> /lenya/hierundda/live/howto.html
>>
>> the URLs look like
>>
>> /index.html
>> /howto.html
>>
>> I'd like to follow links created by Lenya to conform to this schema to
>> make them more human-readable. While BXE is very convenient to create
>> links, unfortunately it prefixes them with the partial path.
>>
>> Is there a way to configure it to stop doing so?
>

> leave them as they are, and configure the simplelinkrewrting transformer
> to rewrite your links instead. the links have to be in this format so
> that the link checking can work.

Exactly. I'm about to commit the new LinkRewritingTransformer which
will make the proxy configuration more straight-forward.

-- Andreas

Re: Paths in Link-URLs inserted by BXE

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

--