Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Gabriel Medve <gm...@g2khosting.com> on 2021/12/22 23:53:30 UTC

Bug at delete the storage secondary after migration to other.

Hello

I have cloudstack 4.16, and use the function to migrate a secondary
storage to another. The migration was completed successfully, but when
trying to delete the old storage, it throws me the following error:

"Request Failed 431" Cannot delete image store witch active backup!

I have been researching the problem and it is supposed to be fixed in
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/4615 .

I re-generated the system vm in the new storage but it gives the same
error when trying to delete the old storage.

Could you verify them? . Thank you.

Re: Bug at delete the storage secondary after migration to other.

Posted by Pearl d'Silva <pe...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Gabriel,

It may be that despite the migration being reported as successful, a few resources (template/snapshot/volumes) may have been skipped. Migration of the file will be reported as skipped in the logs, however, the API reports to have completed successfully. This is an issue that is being currently worked on https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/5654 and should be available in the next release of CloudStack. It would however be worth checking if there are any data objects left behind on the image store from which files were migrated by checking the template_store_ref, volume_store_ref, snapshot_store_ref tables to validate the same.

Regards,