Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Thomas Weinschenk <th...@infoserve.endress.com> on 2012/11/09 15:41:40 UTC

Re: Do Apache Camel needs a SAP integration?

Hello guys,

I also created a Camel SAP component based on the JCo a while ago. I used
the readXML and writeXML functionality of the JCo instead. In my opinion
this fits much more to the way Camel is working. By simply passing and
receiving XML file you can use a lot of Camel features like Content Based
Routers, JAXB, XSLT for mapping and on and on. In the end it is a slightly
different approach how to communicate with a SAP system.

Is there an interest for a 2nd SAP Component?

Cheers,
Thomas

Re: Do Apache Camel needs a SAP integration?

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Thomas!

I'm interested in it. I would like to have a camel-sap component at Camel
extra [1] what is not the case at present.

If your camel-sap component use the SAP JCo library, I think this will not
be an option because we cannot (we are not allowed to) add the JCo
dependency in any Maven repository. But in any way, it would be cool if you
share your solution with the community.

[1] http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra/

Best,
Christian

Posted by Thomas Weinschenk <th...@infoserve.endress.com>.
Hi Christian,

I figured out that with JCo 3 SAP removed the readXml function. In the
meanwhile I added my own XMLReader to do the same.
I am waiting for confirmation from my company that I am allowed to publish
the code…should not be an issue. Once I got the confirmation I will include
the licensing information (ASL for the non SAP part) and a small
documentation and publish it at github.
I am not sure if I am able to publish all test cases as a SAP system is
needed to run the tests.
Furthermore the SAP license problem is really a pity.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Do Apache Camel needs a SAP integration?

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Thomas,

I am also interested in the component. Perhaps you can put it to github.
Make sure to put licensing information into your code so people know
what they may do with it.

Christian

Posted by sekaijin <je...@sap.aphp.fr>.
Hi,

I've me to writed a camel-sap component based on JCO 3
it use xml based data to send and recive RFC SAP IDOCS
the consumer fix some headers from EDI_DC40 segment like idoc_type
The messageId is fixed with the idoc number

A+JYT