Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by th...@ascentialsoftware.com on 2002/12/19 20:02:47 UTC

XSLT 2.0/Xpath 2.0

Those are only working drafts in w3c, and I am not sure when they will be
promoted as official recommendations, but any idea/plan for a support of
XSLT 2.0/Xpath 2.0 in Xalan-C?

Thomas

Re: XSLT 2.0/Xpath 2.0

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Hi Thomas,

There are no plans right now.  The scope of XPath and XSLT has exploded in
2.0, and I don't see how it would be possible to implement even half of it
without a lot of help.

The Xalan-J team is busy implementing things, so when the recommendations
settle down, I'll take a look at what they've done as see about the
feasibility of a port of their work.  I suspect it will require a complete
rewrite of Xalan-C, which is probably the right thing to do anyway.

Dave

                      thomas.cherel@ascentials
                      oftware.com                      To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org
                                                       cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                      12/19/2002 11:02 AM              Subject: XSLT 2.0/Xpath 2.0