Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by klaassen <jo...@sbcglobal.net> on 2008/11/12 18:43:49 UTC

Apache mod_perl Error Received: (OS 3)The system cannot find the path specified

Hello,

I have searched all over the internet for an answer to this problem.  There
are lots of hits, but no good solutions.

You see the technical stack: mod_perl 2.0.3, apache 2.0.63, win32 xp,
activestate perl 5.8.8 build 524

1) I am able to run perl scripts from anywhere on my computer - this
validates that the environment variables are set properly

2) However, when want to run perl throug apache to my browser, I get these
errors in my error_log:
Error Received: (OS 3)The system cannot find the path specified.  : couldn't
create child process

3) I have set the CGI configs up per the config guides on apache's web site
to execute perl scripts.  I can upload the entries later when I have access
to the computer.  In summary:
a) loaded the module
b) set the cgi handler to recognized .pl
c) set the appropriate <Directory> options for security to execute
Options +ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

4) Reasonably certain it has nothing at all to do with the shebang in the
files (i've changed them to match my path to perl with no difference in
results)

5) updated my registry for .cgi with the path to perl

There must be some small config I am missing.  Can anyone please help?  It
sounds like I am not along on this issue since there are many recent hits
(but no good answers).

Thank you