Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Zachary Bonjour <zb...@vibrantcreditunion.org> on 2016/12/09 15:55:11 UTC

Entire screen is being highlighted

Hello everyone!  I have about 20 users on Chromebooks who are accessing
Windows Server 2008 R2 desktops.  Somehow, two of them are managing to
highlight the RDP screen like it is an image or block of text.  I can't
seem to reproduce it, and the only way they are able to fix it is to close
the browser tab.  I've attached a screenshot and I hope someone knows what
is going on.  Running Guac 0.9.9

intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving,
copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by
reply email and delete all copies.

Re: Entire screen is being highlighted

Posted by David Landry <da...@dmwl.net>.
On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:06 PM Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 12:59 PM, David Landry <da...@dmwl.net> wrote:
> > You can reproduce the problem if you press Ctrl-Alt-Shift to open the
> Guac
> > menu (showing a clipboard text input and drive redirection stuff), then
> > select some of the text in that menu and drag your mouse back over the
> RDP
> > screen.
> >

> Following these steps, I have not been able to reproduce this myself.

Really? Weird. Here's a short video of me recreating the problem. I found a
second way to select the RDP screen too.

 https://share.viewedit.com/4k4N8w9TXcy4oAaXzHfZXf
--

---

David Landry

Re: Entire screen is being highlighted

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 12:59 PM, David Landry <da...@dmwl.net> wrote:
> If you look at the HTML client source, the RDP screen _is_ a giant image.
> There is a canvas element set to be the same size as your browser viewport.
> Images from the Guac server are composited into that canvas.

While it is true that the display is represented using DOM elements
backed by the canvas element, I'd still consider it a bug if the
display is selectable. This is not supposed to be the case.

> You can reproduce the problem if you press Ctrl-Alt-Shift to open the Guac
> menu (showing a clipboard text input and drive redirection stuff), then
> select some of the text in that menu and drag your mouse back over the RDP
> screen.

Following these steps, I have not been able to reproduce this myself.

Zachary, can you confirm with your users whether they have steps to reproduce?

- Mike

Re: Entire screen is being highlighted

Posted by David Landry <da...@dmwl.net>.
If you look at the HTML client source, the RDP screen _is_ a giant image.
There is a canvas element set to be the same size as your browser viewport.
Images from the Guac server are composited into that canvas.

You can reproduce the problem if you press Ctrl-Alt-Shift to open the Guac
menu (showing a clipboard text input and drive redirection stuff), then
select some of the text in that menu and drag your mouse back over the RDP
screen.

You should be able to fix it by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Shift and clicking on one
of the normal HTML elements in the menu.