Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "help@nantucket.net" <he...@nantucket.net> on 2004/09/20 17:34:14 UTC

Errors in procmail.log

Hey all, posed this question a week ago, never got an answer, so Im trying
again.  Redhat and Sendmail and the procmail get this occasionally:

mkdir .: Permission denied at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 825
procmail: Program failure (70) of "/usr/bin/spamassassin"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
procmail: default rcfile is not an absolute path

Why is it trying to mkdir ./?

Some users do not have home directories and it does create them fine on it's
own, but why would it try to make on ./ here?

Re: Errors in procmail.log

Posted by "help@nantucket.net" <he...@nantucket.net>.
Well, the first thing ive done is upgrat from SA 2.4x to 2.64.  That error
is gone, though another one comes up just as frequently:

Cannot write to x/.spamassassin/user_prefs: Permission denied
Failed to create default user preference file x/.spamassassin/user_prefs
procmail: default rcfile is not an absolute path

Now it would seem that perhaps it's trying to make a user folder for the
user "x".  I cant find anyone sending to this user, ever.  Is there
somewhere that this message to "x" is queued up?  It's very odd.

Re: Errors in procmail.log

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.