Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/30 17:18:21 UTC

Issue with FileManager.setLocationMapper?

I am very new to Jena and was playing with loading owl files from the file
system and came up with this in version 2.6.4

OntModel model = ModelFactory.createOntologyModel(OntModelSpec.OWL_MEM);
String fileName = "file.owl";
        LocationMapper lm = FileManager.get().getLocationMapper();
        lm.addAltEntry( "namespace", "file:test.owl" );
        model.getDocumentManager().getFileManager().setLocationMapper(lm);

again this works in 2.6.4 but in 2.11.0 this throws an error.  I believe
this is because in Adapterlib line 55 the loop is iterating over sIter2 but
accesses sIter1.  This causes a NPE.

I see that I don't need to call setLocationMapper, but I think this may be
an issue either way.  Can anyone confirm?

Re: Issue with FileManager.setLocationMapper?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 30/09/13 16:18, Jamie Johnson wrote:
> I am very new to Jena and was playing with loading owl files from the file
> system and came up with this in version 2.6.4
>
> OntModel model = ModelFactory.createOntologyModel(OntModelSpec.OWL_MEM);
> String fileName = "file.owl";
>          LocationMapper lm = FileManager.get().getLocationMapper();
>          lm.addAltEntry( "namespace", "file:test.owl" );
>          model.getDocumentManager().getFileManager().setLocationMapper(lm);
>
> again this works in 2.6.4 but in 2.11.0 this throws an error.  I believe
> this is because in Adapterlib line 55 the loop is iterating over sIter2 but
> accesses sIter1.  This causes a NPE.
>
> I see that I don't need to call setLocationMapper, but I think this may be
> an issue either way.  Can anyone confirm?

Jamie -

Thank for the detailed report.  I've fixed that in SVN and it'll be in
the next 2.11.1-SNAPSHOT build

	Thanks
	Andy