Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gabriel Dos Santos <ir...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/26 12:09:39 UTC

Cannot load web service

Hi, I've installed Axis C++ and followed the instructions to publish a web
service. If I navigate to http://localhost/axis, I see the service in the
list and can access it's wsdl.

Now I'm trying to test this service. I've first used the example client in
C++. When I run it, it does`t work. Invoke returns 0 insteadd of param1 +
param2. I've setup TCPMonitor to see what's going on and found out that the
server is returning an error.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
     <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-
ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
           <SOAP-ENV:Body>
                <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
                     <faultcode>SOAPENV:Server</faultcode>
                     <faultstring>Cannot load web service</faultstring>
                     <faultactor>none</faultactor>
                 </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
            </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

So I wrote a Java client to see what happened. I modified the sample
TestClient to connect to my server and use Calculator service: the code is
this basically this:

	 Service  service = new Service();
	 Call  call = (Call) service.createCall();
	 call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new
java.net.URL("http://localhost/axis/Calculator") );

	 call.setOperationName(new QName("http://localhost:8080/axis/Calculator",
"subtract"));
	 Integer ret = (Integer) call.invoke( new Object[] { new Integer(1),new
Integer(2) } );

I get an exception sayin that the service is not registered in the server.
I can't see what am I doing wrong. Any idea will be of great help.

Thanks in advance

Gabriel

MSN Amor: busca tu ½ naranja http://latam.msn.com/amor/

RE: Cannot load web service

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Gabriel,

It seems that the entries you have in the server.wsdd are wrong. Check
whether the Calculator.dll (or .so) is in the path specified in the
server.wsdd.

let me know if this doesnot work,

thanks,

Susantha.