Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Siddique Farhan-W13881 <fa...@motorola.com> on 2002/07/24 20:21:02 UTC

NoSuchMethodError

Hi guys,

I am trying to run a sample JSP that looks like the following ;
<%@page language="java"
import="java.io.*,java.net.*,java.lang.*,java.util.*,org.apache.soap.util.xm
l.*,org.apache.soap.*,org.apache.soap.rpc.*,org.apache.soap.encoding.SOAPMap
pingRegistry,org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer,org.apache.soap
.encoding.soapenc.StringDeserializer,org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTP
Connection"%>
	<head>
		<title>DomainTest</title>
	</head>
		<center>
<%
try
{
    URL url=new URL("http://services.xmethods.com:80/soap");
    String domainname = "xmethods.com";

    Call call = new Call ();

    // This service uses standard SOAP encoding
    String encodingStyleURI = Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC;
    call.setEncodingStyleURI(encodingStyleURI);

    // Set service locator parameters
    call.setTargetObjectURI ("urn:xmethods-DomainChecker");
    call.setMethodName ("checkDomain");

    // Create input parameter vector
    Vector params = new Vector ();
    params.addElement (new Parameter("domainname", String.class, domainname,
null));
    call.setParams (params);

    // Evoke the service...
    Response resp = call.invoke (url,"");

    // ... and evaluate the response
    if (resp.generatedFault ()) {
%>
<%=resp.getFault()%></font>
			</center>
<%
    } else {
      // Call was successful. Extract response parameter and return result
      Parameter result = resp.getReturnValue ();
      // String availability = (String) result.getValue();
%>
<%=result.getValue()%></font>
			</center>
<%
    }
}
catch (Exception e)
{
   e.printStackTrace();
}
%>

I get the following error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at org.apache.soap.util.xml.Qname.<init><Qname.java:80>
at org.apache.soap.util.xml.matches<Qname.java:146>
at org.apache.soap.Envelop.unmarshall<Envelop.java:237>
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke<Call.java:230>

I am using tomcat 3.2.3. , version of xerces is xerces-1_4_4
Can somebody run this code on your machine, please suggest on fixing the
above error?
Thanks a lot

Regards,

Farhan

Re: NoSuchMethodError

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
The version of the org.w3c.dom.Node class that is being loaded is too old.
It is *not* the version from Xerces 1.4.1.  Have you changed tomcat.bat or
tomcat.sh per the Apache SOAP installation instructions for Tomcat 3.2?

Scott Nichol

Re: NoSuchMethodError