Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Thies Edeling <th...@rrm.net> on 2009/02/18 14:45:36 UTC

FormTester.setValue accepting invalid component id's

Would it be possible for the FormTester setValue/selectMultiple etc
methods to throw a WicketRuntimeException whenever the provided id
doesn't exist?
The setValue method's source happily allows invalid formComponentId
since there's no null check, only instanceof's:
        Component component = workingForm.get(formComponentId);
        if (component instanceof IFormSubmittingComponent)
        {

setFormSubmittingComponentValue((IFormSubmittingComponent)component, value);
        }
        else if (component instanceof FormComponent)
        {
            setFormComponentValue((FormComponent)component, value);
        }

I assume that when a call to formTester.setValue is succesful the value
is set in the model but apparently it is not.

Re: FormTester.setValue accepting invalid component id's

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Thies Edeling wrote:
> Would it be possible for the FormTester setValue/selectMultiple etc
> methods to throw a WicketRuntimeException whenever the provided id
> doesn't exist?

Yes, that would be a very good idea. For the current
versions it could still be disableable for backwards
compatibility, but from 1.5 onwards not.

Could you please file a Jira issue? Even better if it's with
a patch ;)

Best wishes,
Timo

--