Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/14 14:00:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17 RC3

Dear all,

this is a vote for a new Apache Extras package.

Changes to RC2:
  * created a source package
  * download packages are not in maven anymore
  * fixed version number in changes

Changes to RC1:
  * removed duplicate classes
  * switched to release number 1.2.17 (same release as log4j)
  * JavaDoc has been regenerated with Java 7 Update 25 (bypassing
security problem)
  * renamed product to extras at all places

Changes:
  * all companions have been merged into the extras companion
  * pom does inherit from parent pom
  * testoutput now goes to /target
  * ant build has been removed
  * makes now use of Maven 3

The website can be found here:

  * http://people.apache.org/~grobmeier/extras-site/

Note: I might need to update the path for the download.

Artifacts for Maven:

  *
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-168/

They can be downloaded with:

  * wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=3 -r -p -np --no-check-certificate
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-168/

Artifacts for the website and for the ASF dist svn:

  * http://people.apache.org/~grobmeier/extras-artifacts/

SVN tag:

  *
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/extras/tags/apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17/

Please cast your vote:

[ ] +1
[ ] -1, because...

Vote will be open for the usual 72 hours at least.

Thanks,
Christian

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17 RC3

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Checked the website, JavaDoc, LICENSE and NOTICE, hashes, built it
with mvn package and tested the dist artifact with Chainsaw, all look
good.

Thanks for your help Christian!

Scott

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 17 Oct 2013, at 14:46, Ralph Goers wrote:
> I won't have a chance to review this until this evening if you need my
> vote...

We have already 3 +1, but if you would like to look at it I can wait
with closing the vote

> Ralph
>
>> On Oct 17, 2013, at 2:12 AM, "Christian Grobmeier"
>> <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Gary do you have any serious concerns with this release?
>> The vote closes later today - last chance to object :-)

>>> Correct.
>>>
>>> This was the biggest blocker from the last rc and i fixed that.
>>> If there is still a duplication its by error

>>> ---
>>> http://www.grobmeier.de
>>> @grobmeier
>>> GPG: 0xA5CC90DB
>>

>> ---
>> http://www.grobmeier.de
>> @grobmeier
>> GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

---

Posted by Ralph Goers <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>> * makes now use of Maven 3
>>>
>>> The website can be found here:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~grobmeier/extras-site/
>>>
>>> Note: I might need to update the path for the download.
>>>
>>> Artifacts for Maven:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-168/
>>>
>>> They can be downloaded with:
>>>
>>> wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=3 -r -p -np --no-check-certificate
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-168/
>>>
>>> Artifacts for the website and for the ASF dist svn:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~grobmeier/extras-artifacts/
>>>
>>> SVN tag:
>>>

>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/extras/tags/apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17/
>>>
>>> Please cast your vote:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1
>>> [ ] -1, because...
>>>
>>> Vote will be open for the usual 72 hours at least.

---

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Cool!
Thanks guys!

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>> * makes now use of Maven 3
>>
>> The website can be found here:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~grobmeier/extras-site/
>>
>> Note: I might need to update the path for the download.
>>
>> Artifacts for Maven:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-168/
>>
>> They can be downloaded with:
>>
>> wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=3 -r -p -np --no-check-certificate
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-168/
>>
>> Artifacts for the website and for the ASF dist svn:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~grobmeier/extras-artifacts/
>>
>> SVN tag:
>>

>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/extras/tags/apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17/
>>
>> Please cast your vote:
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] -1, because...
>>
>> Vote will be open for the usual 72 hours at least.

---

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
+1

You had me at "overdue years"...

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
No Clirr report?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 18 Oct 2013, at 21:42, Ralph Goers wrote:

> If you have the 3 +1 votes go ahead and call it.  I have been very
> busy at my new job and haven't had much time.

Thanks Ralph!

And congrats for your new job!

Cheers

> Ralph
>
> On Oct 18, 2013, at 11:18 AM, Christian Grobmeier
> <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> my own +1
>>
>> On 14 Oct 2013, at 14:00, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> this is a vote for a new Apache Extras package.
>>
>> Changes to RC2:
>> * created a source package
>> * download packages are not in maven anymore
>> * fixed version number in changes
>>
>> Changes to RC1:
>> * removed duplicate classes
>> * switched to release number 1.2.17 (same release as log4j)
>> * JavaDoc has been regenerated with Java 7 Update 25 (bypassing
>> security problem)
>> * renamed product to extras at all places
>>
>> Changes:
>> * all companions have been merged into the extras companion
>> * pom does inherit from parent pom
>> * testoutput now goes to /target
>> * ant build has been removed
>> * makes now use of Maven 3
>>
>> The website can be found here:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~grobmeier/extras-site/
>> Note: I might need to update the path for the download.
>>
>> Artifacts for Maven:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-168/
>> They can be downloaded with:
>>
>> wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=3 -r -p -np --no-check-certificate
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-168/
>> Artifacts for the website and for the ASF dist svn:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~grobmeier/extras-artifacts/
>> SVN tag:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/extras/tags/apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17/
>> Please cast your vote:
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] -1, because...
>>
>> Vote will be open for the usual 72 hours at least.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christian
>>
>> http://www.grobmeier.de
>> @grobmeier
>> GPG: 0xA5CC90DB
>>
>> http://www.grobmeier.de
>> @grobmeier
>> GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

---

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
my own +1

On 14 Oct 2013, at 14:00, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> this is a vote for a new Apache Extras package.
>
> Changes to RC2:
> * created a source package
> * download packages are not in maven anymore
> * fixed version number in changes
>
> Changes to RC1:
> * removed duplicate classes
> * switched to release number 1.2.17 (same release as log4j)
> * JavaDoc has been regenerated with Java 7 Update 25 (bypassing
> security problem)
> * renamed product to extras at all places
>
> Changes:
> * all companions have been merged into the extras companion
> * pom does inherit from parent pom
> * testoutput now goes to /target
> * ant build has been removed
> * makes now use of Maven 3
>
> The website can be found here:
>
> * http://people.apache.org/~grobmeier/extras-site/
>
> Note: I might need to update the path for the download.
>
> Artifacts for Maven:
>
> *
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-168/
>
> They can be downloaded with:
>
> * wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=3 -r -p -np --no-check-certificate
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-168/
>
> Artifacts for the website and for the ASF dist svn:
>
> * http://people.apache.org/~grobmeier/extras-artifacts/
>
> SVN tag:
>
> *
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/extras/tags/apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17/
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] -1, because...
>
> Vote will be open for the usual 72 hours at least.
>
> Thanks,
> Christian
>
> ---
> http://www.grobmeier.de
> @grobmeier
> GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17 RC3

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
This vote passed with 3 +1:

  * Scott Deboy
  * Remko Popma
  * Christian Grobmeier

I got a +1 from Gary too, but he did only reply to me directly instead
to this list.
Because he has found some things with RC, I want to mention it.

I am going to release it tomorrow.

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier