Posted to users@maven.apache.org by javed mandary <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/03 13:08:26 UTC

Multiple project and Site plugin

Hi ppl,
          I have a project with many modules each having its own POM , what
I would like to do is that when I generate my SITE in the parent directory ,
the child POMs are referenced in the generated index.html file.

Is there some dashboard plugin or multiple project plugin to achieved this
for Maven 2 ?

kind regards,
    Javed

Re: Multiple project and Site plugin

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

In your site.xml file, add a "${modules}" element. This will generate
a list with all submodules in the project. If you don't have a
site.xml, create one at "src/site" of the parent project.

Here's an example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="Corleon">
  <bannerLeft>
    <name>....</name>
    <src>...</src>
    <href>...</href>
  </bannerLeft>
  <bannerRight....

    <links>
      <item name="Apache" href="http://www.apache.org/"/>
      <item name="Maven" href="http://maven.apache.org/"/>
    </links>

    <menu name="my custom menu">
      <item name="Introduction" href="index.html"/>
    </menu>

    <!-- this will generate a list of sub modules in the menu -->
    ${modules}

    <!-- add this if you want your reports in the menu as well -->
    ${reports}

  <skin>
    <groupId>org.apache.maven.skins</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-stylus-skin</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </skin>

</project>

NOTE: this works for me on the latest sources from SVN. I'm not sure
if this works in the released version yet (of the site plugin).

Another NOTE: this will only work when you deploy the site. When you
view the site from your 'target' directory, the links will NOT work,
as the site is not yet aggregated. When you deploy the site though, it
will work (because the plugin aggregates all the sites together and
then the links are valid again).

HTH,
  Arik.

    Arik Kfir                    arikkfir@gmail.com