Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Dan S <ds...@gmail.com> on 2023/11/20 16:02:18 UTC

Use of NIFI Registry to store Avro and Json schemas

I recently have been working on NIFI-11627
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-11627> which aims to add an in
memory registry for JSON schemas. I see there are 4 implementations of Avro
schema registries  AmazonGlueSchemaRegistry
<https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi/nifi-aws-nar/1.23.2/org.apache.nifi.aws.schemaregistry.AmazonGlueSchemaRegistry/index.html>,
AvroSchemaRegistry
<https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi/nifi-registry-nar/1.23.2/org.apache.nifi.schemaregistry.services.AvroSchemaRegistry/index.html>,
ConfluentSchemaRegistry
<https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi/nifi-confluent-platform-nar/1.23.2/org.apache.nifi.confluent.schemaregistry.ConfluentSchemaRegistry/index.html>
and
HortonworksSchemaRegistry
<https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi/nifi-hwx-schema-registry-nar/1.23.2/org.apache.nifi.schemaregistry.hortonworks.HortonworksSchemaRegistry/index.html>
(which
will be removed in 2.x). I was wondering whether the Apache NIFI team would
consider the use of the NIFI Registry to store both Avro and Json schemas.
I believe the same reasons to have the NIFI registry for flows to provide a
central location for storage and management of shared resources across one
or more instances of NIFI or MiNifi equally apply for Avro and Json
schemas. Thanks!