Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jensiator <je...@megasol.se> on 2008/11/17 10:34:59 UTC

Getting Panel body content

Hi
I've created a Panel that I would like to act as a AjaxLink in the markup. I
would like to be able to add a <wicket:message> tag in the body content of
the panel and get hold of it in the panel java code before the body content
is replaced. Can this be done?
Jens

Re: Getting Panel body content

Posted by jensiator <je...@megasol.se>.
Yes that is what I have done and after your comments I'll keep on doing that.
The panel is a ConfirmButton. It contains a AjaxLink and a ModalWindow. When
pressing the button the modal will popup and ask for a confirmation and then
a the buttonpanel's abstract method onconfirmation will fire. The panels
constuctor is somethig like this:
ConfirmButtonPanel(String pId,String pButtonLabelResourceKey,String
pModalTitleKey,String pModalMessageKey,DialogButtons.OKCANCEL).

It works well but is it possible to do something like this only extending
AjaxLink? Because of the modalwindow I need to add a <div
id="mymodalwindow"/> in the markup somewhere and AjaxLink dont have any
markup beacuse its a component. Is it possibly to dynamically add a div with
wicket:id in the markupstream?
Jens Alenius

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Pinkham <pi...@gmail.com>.
Jens,

You could try using a Label instead and process the msg=getString("msgkey")
in it's model.

-- Jim.