Posted to repository@apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/11/10 15:59:01 UTC

Organization

I'm sorry, but I feel the significant traffic of this mailing list is
overloading the value of the discussion. I feel we need to slow it down in
order to get worthwhile progress. Many folk would've missed the weekend's
flurry and have troubles catching up, and their lack of responses could be
construed as agreement, when it was really they couldn't drink from the fire
hose fast enough. We need the outcome of discussions to include the best of
everybody, the most experience, best insights, not random points.

I know Wiki is imperfect, I like a passionate e-mail thread as much as the
next guy, but the ramification of repository affect too many folks to be as
chaotic as this is becoming. Let's go to Wiki with some proposals, and we
all annotate changes [with out names for reference], list pros and cons for
each decision, and give ourselves some time to consider and vote -- and make
decisions.  I'm not saying slow this down to analysis paralysis, I'm just
asking for some order...

Here is the starting page:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository

I've added Tim's two [nicely laid out] proposals here:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/Proposals

I know Wiki has potential for a different set of chaos, but I will work with
whomever is interested to try to balance the content of e-mails with the
contents of the Wiki, and keep the Wiki from getting too disorganized.

regards

Adam
--
Experience Sybase Technology...