Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2002/05/27 10:44:15 UTC

XMLCatalog and bootstrap

Erik, could you please either add Xalan or revert the patch.

I'm not vetoing that you put Xalan in, but I really don't like it as a
bootstrap requirement for Ant.  If there is a different solution, I'd
prefer it.  But we need a quick fix - no Gump run and no "nightly build"
for the 1.5 branch until the situation is fixed.

We will also need to add another dependency to Gump, be prepared for a
very yellow next Gump run as soon as Craig's patch gets merged into
the main branch.

Finally, whoever is +1 on putting in Xalan should also accept the
implied burden to keep it current.  +1 doesn't only mean "good idea",
but also "I'll help".

Stefan

Re: XMLCatalog and bootstrap

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 27 May 2002, Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>
wrote:

> For Gump runs, the dependency will need to be added.

I have this working on my box (will post the results to icarus in an
hour or so).

xml-apis should probably replace xmlParserAPIs in lib and then you'll
want to add xalan as well as a license text for Xalan.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Ok, I've added xml-apis.jar to lib/optional, which gets my bootstrap working
(after I removed all the other stuff I had there, which is why I never saw a
bootstrap problem in the first place - sorry).

For Gump runs, the dependency will need to be added.

I'll certainly help with keeping Xalan current - I'm just not as much of an
expert with the XML API's as many of you others are and know enough to be
dangerous.  I've gone from Windows development (DLL hell) to Java
development (XML API hell)  ... sheesh!  :))

    Erik