Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Raoul OPPLIGER <ro...@iware.ch> on 2005/06/07 21:18:57 UTC

RE : RE : TR : A error message with JdbcAppender

Hi,

I can't really explain this phenomena but it's a fact.

I've executed the next steps

*
	I've removed the mysql_connector.jar and I've modified the log4j.jar (I've introduced the mysql class in this jar) ==> SAME PROBLEM AS BEFORE
*
	I've introduce the path in the java instruction ==> SAME PROBLEM
*
	I've deleted the 2 jar ==> SAME PROBLEM ==> log4j.jar exists somewhere (because the problem was with mysql.jar and no with log4j.jar).
*
	I've found all the log4j.jar on my filesystem. One of them was in the jre directory (I don't know exactly why!).
*
	I've removed this jar ==> PROBLEM because log4j.jar not found
*
	I've copied log4j.jar in the log4j directory ==> PROBLEM because mysql.jar not found
*
	I've copied mysql.jar in the log4j directory ==> NO PROBLEM

I don't really understand why java don't used the jar specified in the class.

Thanks for your help.

Raoul

________________________________

De: Andreas Fester [mailto:Andreas.Fester@gmx.de]
Date: mar. 07.06.2005 20:32
À: Raoul OPPLIGER; Log4J Users List
Objet : Re: RE : TR : A error message with JdbcAppender

Hi,

just to be curious: how can the existence of a user specific
jar file (i.e. other than rt.jar, tools.jar etc.) within some
jre directory influence class loading behaviour, without
being present in some CLASSPATH, -cp or -Xbootclasspath???

Any hint welcome :-)

Thanks and best Regards,

        Andreas

Raoul OPPLIGER wrote:
> THE  PROBLEM  IS  RESOLVED.
>
> In fact, it is really a classloader issue.
> I've had an old version of log4j.jar in my jre directory.
>
> If I delete this old version and if I specify the path of jar files in
> the command line, the previous problem is resolved.
[...]

--
Andreas Fester
mailto:Andreas.Fester@gmx.de