Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Suresh Rajachar <su...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/06 12:33:23 UTC

Think time and duration of test

Hi,

I am bit confused in understanding the relation between duration of test and think time.
I have configured my test plan like this:
Constant timer-  46 seconds
Number of threads- 150
Loop count-1
Ramup time- 75 seconds.
When i run the test with this setup, the duration of the test was just 13 mins. But, i was expecting it to be apprx 2 hours(150x46=6900 seconds )

Is my understanding is wrong?
This topic might have discussed quite a number of times in the past. Can i get help please ?

Regards,
Suresh R

Re: Think time and duration of test

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hey Suresh

I think you might need to run this test with multiple counts to see
the effect of the constant timer

Dee

--
Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag

   --
Keigu

Deepak
+91-9765089593
deicool@gmail.com

Skype: thumsupdeicool
Google talk: deicool
Blog: http://loveandfearless.wordpress.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/deicool

Check out my Work at:
LinkedIn: http://in.linkedin.com/in/thumsupdeicool

"Contribute to the world, environment and more : http://www.gridrepublic.org"

Re: Think time and duration of test

Posted by Suresh Rajachar <su...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Felix,

Is the 'pass duration' is the time taken by a thread to complete 1 iteration ?

Regards,
Suresh R

________________________________
the threads are run simultaneously. The total duration of your test is
(Pass duration x Loop count), so you will want to loop 150 times.

Raise the number of threads to have Jmeter generate higher load during
the test. Duration is not affected.

HTH
Felix

--
MPeX.net GmbH / Werner-Voß-Damm 62 / D-12101 Berlin / Germany
MPeXnetworks / www.mpexnetworks.de

Sitz, Registergericht: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 76688
Geschäftsführer: Lars Bräuer, Gregor Lawatscheck

Re: Think time and duration of test

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
Hi,