Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Guillermo Ortiz <ko...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/18 11:15:33 UTC

Number of tables in HBase.

Hello,

I know that a table should have a content number of CFs. How about the
number of tables in the same HBase cluster? it should be okay to have
dozens of tables or it's thought to have just a few number of tables?

Re: Number of tables in HBase.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Having dozens of tables in a multi-tenant cluster is okay.

How many regions on average would each table have ?

The total number of regions should have higher weight in your planning compared to the total number of tables.

Cheers

Re: Number of tables in HBase.

Posted by Guillermo Ortiz <ko...@gmail.com>.