Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mrinal Kanti <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/17 18:22:21 UTC

Future of Fuse IDE

Hi,

I just joined this list a few hours back. Want to know about RedHat's strategy and the future of FuseIDE. Is it going to be available only commercially (continue as is) or are there any plans to open source it like other RedHat offerings or say move it to the Eclipse foundation?

This would help us a lot in the tooling/productivity aspect during evaluation of integration frameworks.

Regards,
Mrinal

Re: Future of Fuse IDE

Posted by Mrinal Kanti <mr...@yahoo.com>.
Wow, this is fantastic. Now I don't have to build it from source to use it. Would be checking it out over the weekend. Really got scared when they mentioned that it was only for RedHat subscribers. Someone should put that Eclipse repository link here: http://fuse.fusesource.org/tools.html and http://fusesource.com/products/fuse-ide/

Found the user guide here: https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/Fuse_IDE/ and http://fusesource.com/docs/ide/7.1/user_guide/user_guide.html

I hope that's the latest. Thanks David for the pointer.

Regards,
Mrinal

Re: Future of Fuse IDE

Posted by David Godfrey <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Future of Fuse IDE

Posted by Mrinal Kanti <mr...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Future of Fuse IDE

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

the licence should be Eclipse. We are still working on the best home for Fuse IDE - its part of the JBoss Developer Studio product - but it should have a release, lifecycle of its own as open source project.

thanks,

Rob

Re: Future of Fuse IDE

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Rob,

thanks for the link this might be interesting for many people. The only
thing I am missing is a license statement.
I might have overlooked it but I did not find any license file in the tree.

Christian

Am 17.05.2013 20:48, schrieb Robert Davies:
> Hi Mrinal - the src is here : https://github.com/fusesource/fuseide
>
> On 17 May 2013, at 19:43, Mrinal Kanti <mr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Can someone send me a link to the open source version. I am unable to locate it on the Fusesource or Redhat website. Seems to me that the only version that is available is the enterprise trial one that too requires a redhat login with corporate account (no personal account).
>>

>> Regards,
>> Mrinal
>>

>>> ________________________________

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Future of Fuse IDE

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Future of Fuse IDE

Posted by Mrinal Kanti <mr...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Future of Fuse IDE

Posted by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk>.

Re: Future of Fuse IDE

Posted by Mrinal Kanti <mr...@yahoo.com>.
Just to clarify, we are looking at Camel as one of the integration framework and FuseIDE's support for camel and hence posting in this list.