Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Hale <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/30 18:12:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: apache2 and mod_auth_pam

I finally found out that I needed to install the debian package
"libapache2-mod-auth-sys-group" with apache2 in order to keep the
mod_auth_pam functionality of "require group my-user" that I had grown
used to in apache 1.3.  I wish that it had been more obvious that I
needed to do this, but unfortunately the error message "configuration
error:  couldn't check access.  No groups file?" led me down the wrong
path for about 3 days.  I thought that it was referring to /etc/groups
and that I just had a permissions problem with my /etc/groups file.