Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@apache.org> on 2004/07/19 00:47:58 UTC

[maven-ant-plugin] [vote] release 1.7.1 or 1.8

Hello guys,

	I would like to have your approval to make a new release for the ant plugin.

	Carlos fixed a major bug, MPANT-16 (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPANT-16): The plugin generated absolute paths in some
properties.
	This bug is really annoying if the ant script is shared between users (for example in a SCM tool). It's the case in a lot of
jakarta-commons(-sandbox) projects.

	I also changed the generated script to run JUnit only if it is present in ANT (display a warning otherwise).

	There are actually 4 bugs to fix but I have no idea to solve them:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10316&statusIds=1

	Should we create a 1.7.1 or a 1.8 release?

	My vote is for the 1.8 because there was a (little) change :-(

Arnaud

Re: [maven-ant-plugin] [vote] release 1.7.1 or 1.8

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Nothing in the Ant manual mentions it under Library Dependencies....

Lets test it and see...

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Arnaud Heritier <ah...@apache.org> wrote:

> Yes you're right, but do you know why the ant's setproxy task is
> optional?

Because it requires JDK 1.2+ - and so it has traditionally been an
optional task since Ant up to 1.5.4 is JDK 1.1 compatible.

Stefan

RE: [maven-ant-plugin] [vote] release 1.7.1 or 1.8

Posted by Arnaud Heritier <ah...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
BTW MPANT-9 looks doable.

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
+1 on 1.8

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@coffeebreaks.org>.
> 	There are actually 4 bugs to fix but I have no idea to solve them:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10316&statusIds=1

Can't MPANT-7 also be solved?

Jerome