Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/14 10:54:48 UTC

Send email to pmcs@ with info of interest to PMCS?

Might be worth sending an email to pmcs@ with details of the
functionality that may be of use to PMCs?

If so, I think we should mention:

Mailing list moderators
Updates to PMC and committer rosters
Site check
Reports: old and new

Also include a link to how to report errors.

There's probably a bit more.

Maybe there needs to be a page/section that documents what might be
useful to various categories of user. For example:

General public
ASF committer
PMC member
PMC chair
ASF member

The email could link to the PMC section(s).

Re: Send email to pmcs@ with info of interest to PMCS?

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 6:54 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Might be worth sending an email to pmcs@ with details of the
> functionality that may be of use to PMCs?
>
> If so, I think we should mention:
>
> Mailing list moderators
> Updates to PMC and committer rosters
> Site check
> Reports: old and new
>
> Also include a link to how to report errors.
>
> There's probably a bit more.
>
> Maybe there needs to be a page/section that documents what might be
> useful to various categories of user. For example:
>
> General public
> ASF committer
> PMC member
> PMC chair
> ASF member
>
> The email could link to the PMC section(s).

Before the end of the month, I plan to have implemented allowing PMC
members (and ASF members) the ability to change rosters for PMCs.  But
this isn't implemented yet, so any email would either need to wait a
bit, or mention this as an upcoming change.

I very much like the idea of a page/section for each category of user.
Any email to pmcs@ could then consist of a brief summary and one or
more pointers.  Over time, the email will be forgotten, but the
content will remain.

- Sam Ruby