Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by "Dendukuri, Hemanth" <hd...@ebay.com> on 2016/03/16 18:35:50 UTC

Eagle 0.3.0 Incubating Release comments from Julian

@ Hao,

Kindly answer below questions.

eagle-external/eagle-ambari/lib/EAGLE/package/patches/app.js comes from? Although it is a text file, it is 1.7M lines long so I doubt
that you can call it "source code". Was it generated? Was it copied from another project?

Julian,  I will execute below comments without fail.

MD5, SHA1 and SHA512 matches. I think we should not keep other .sha file.

Next release, I think you only need the .sha1 file; omit the .sha and .sha512 files.

Also, I'm not sure if you can add and drop files from directory once the vote is called out.

In future, do not alter the contents of the release candidate being
voted on. If there are serious issues you will need to cancel the vote
and make a new release candidate; if the issues are not serious you
should make sure to fix them in your next release. Either way, each
release candidate is immutable.

In this case, the sha of the file matched the sha in the vote thread,
so everything is fine.

This is the second release candidate, but the email has the same
subject as the first RC. Next time, I suggest that you include the RC
number in the email subject line and the directory name e.g.
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/eagle/0.3.0-incubating-rc2/
so that it is clear what is being voted on.

Also, I don't think I saw a "[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Eagle Incubating
Version 0.3.0" or "[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Eagle Incubating Version
0.3.0" message. Remember to terminate each vote thread.

Regards
Hemanth

Re: Eagle 0.3.0 Incubating Release comments from Julian

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.
License header in the file. As it is Apache license, you need not mention
in top level license.

Posted by "Chen, Hao" <Ha...@ebay.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Chen, Hao" <Ha...@ebay.com>.