Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Simon D Moser <SM...@de.ibm.com> on 2008/08/14 12:32:32 UTC

Re: [bpel-dev] Fw: How to invoke a service using eclipse BPEL?

A couple of things:

Writing emails in red, bold letters is not gonna help you getting help
quicker. If people get yelled at the usually respond less favorable.
Something to keep in mind for the future.
To the problem:

1.) Your first issue: the BPEL spec requires variables to be initialized,
so you have to do that. Some commercial BPEL engines help here (do variable
initialization under the cover), e.g. ODE does not. So the user (== you)
has to take care of that.
2.) The second (rollback) - this is an ODE issue. Please ask this one the
ode user mailing list at user@ode.apache.org (I copied them for
conveniance)  - I am sure there are people better skilled than on this list
that can offer some help.
3.) JBOSS obviously requires some operation metadata that you are not
sending (in other words, your message is incorrect). Thus, the JBoss
service returns a fault (clearly indicated in the stacktrace). Consult a
JBoss expert ;-)

Finally - if you want people to take a look at your problems, send files
which are complete! In the example below, I cannot even run this on my
ODE/Designer environment since there is no ODE deployment descriptor (not
to speak of the addTwnInt service that you are trying to call)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Simon Daniel Moser

Team Lead BPEL Editor - Websphere Integration Developer (WID)
IBM Software Group, Application and Integration Middleware Software
Business Process Solutions Development 1

 Phone:            +49-7031-16-4304           IBM Deutschland                      (Embedded
                                                                                 image moved
                                                                                    to file:
                                                                               pic13988.gif)

 Fax:              +49-7031-16-4890           Schoenaicher Str. 220

 E-Mail:           smoser@de.ibm.com          71032 Boeblingen

                                              Germany

 IBM Deutschland
 Research &
 Development
 GmbH /
 Vorsitzender des
 Aufsichtsrats:
 Martin Jetter
 Geschäftsführung:
 Erich Baier
 Sitz der
 Gesellschaft:
 Böblingen /
 Registergericht:
 Amtsgericht
 Stuttgart, HRB
 243294

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |<ay...@hotmail.com>                                                                                                                       |
|------------>
| To::       |
|------------>
  |<bp...@eclipse.org>                                                                                                                            |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |14.08.2008 08:25                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
I'll second most of what Simon said, adding a few details for ODE:

  1) Nothing to add :) Maybe just one thing: generating instances from a
schema is slippery at best. Do you expect your Java variables to be
automatically initialized with an object?

  2) I couldn't find any RollbackException in the stacktrae you posted. All
I see is that ODE tries to invoke a service, something is wrong with it (I
can't tell exactly what without what happens before) and ODE enters recovery
mode (see [1]).

  3) Again, what Simon says.

I'd suggest sending more specific e-mails to each project (maybe including
JBoss ;-) ) instead of cross-posting.

Cheers,
Matthieu

[1] http://ode.apache.org/activity-failure-and-recovery.html