Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jonathan Vanasco <mo...@2xlp.com> on 2006/10/12 00:16:30 UTC

concurrent servers

I've switched my port80 proxy / vanilla server to nginx.  it's a
great little server out of russia.

It happens to feature a rather neat thing as well...
	when you upgrade the binary , you can have it start up a new binary,
bind to 80 ( along with the existing one ) , then have the old binary
shut down
	the effect is a seamless upgrade with no downtime

	see: http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxCommandLine  and the section
"Upgrading To a New Binary On The Fly"

is there any way to do that with apache2/mp2 ?

apache doesn't seem to like to bind to any port that something else
is running on.  i couldn't find an override anywhere.