Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by abdullah alamoudi <ba...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/02 11:55:44 UTC

Hyracks version

Hi,
Did we pump hyracks version to 0.2.17 on Gerrit without changing the
reference in asterixdb pom file?

I believe that my change for the filesystem based feed adapter is unable to
build on Gerrit because of this.

Cheers,
Amoudi, Abdullah.

Re: Hyracks version

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.
I'll have to reverse course on not changing the version in AsterixDB,
actually...
I discovered we can pull from the staging repository where the next
Hyracks version is, so I've made a change to do that and depend on
0.2.16-incubating: https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/377/ . This
should make it so the master of AsterixDB will build just fine (but if
you have a change that depeneds on Hyracks changes, you'll still want
to advance the version to snapshot).

- Ian

Re: Hyracks version

Posted by Chris Hillery <ch...@hillery.land>.

Re: Hyracks version

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.
I think everything is as intended? The head of ASF and Gerrit right
now are at the same commit (8b4b9d4). I was using Gerrit as a staging
area, but once I got everything in good shape, I pushed it to ASF for
the release vote.

The maven release plugin requires us to push directly to Gerrit's
head, but that's been a known quirk since we first tried releasing
Hyracks after starting with Gerrit.

@Abdullah, you can just go ahead and depend on Hyracks 0.2.17-SNAPSHOT
in your branch. We shouldn't bump the version in master, because we
still intend to release AsterixDB after Hyracks, so it needs to depend
on 0.2.16-incubating (whenever it exists).

- Ian

Re: Hyracks version

Posted by Chris Hillery <ch...@hillery.land>.

Re: Hyracks version