Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Jinyu.Wang" <Ji...@oracle.com> on 2002/01/27 01:32:05 UTC

Help: Send SOAP Messages to invoke RPC Service

Hi,

I have a SOAP RPC service written in JAVA, which works fine if I invoke it
through RPC method.

But when I try to send a SOAP message to invoke the SOAP service, like:

 Envelope msgEnv = Envelope.unmarshall(msg_doc.getDocumentElement());

 Message msg = new Message();
 msg.send(URL,"",msgEnv);

I always got error like:

"<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>
 <faultstring>parsing error: Expected name instead of =.<faultstring>"

The message is exactly the same as the message I saw on TcpTunnelGui when
doing the RPC call.

Question: Can this be done? Any one try this? If so, what's wrong?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jinyu

RE: Help: Send SOAP Messages to invoke RPC Service

Posted by "Jinyu.Wang" <Ji...@oracle.com>.
Resending. Sorry for the duplication and this newbie question. What I need
to know is if I can send a SOAP message to invoke a SOAP RPC Service? How?