Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tom Jordahl <to...@macromedia.com> on 2005/09/09 15:48:58 UTC

RE: [Axis2] Doesn't addressing classes come bundled withaxis2-0.91.jar?

> of the goal of the simple databinding system is to allow
> "code-first" deployment, which MUST be simple (no messing around with
> copying jars).  I'd like to make sure people can take Axis2 out of the
> box and quickly deploy existing objects/classes as Web Services.

+1

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

Re: [Axis2] Doesn't addressing classes come bundled withaxis2-0.91.jar?

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Jaya:

> I was just pondering about this when something struck my mind. At the time
> of maven can it be possible to give a customization option something like
> maven.singlejar.include={ comma seperated list of modules } , which would
> decide what the axis2.jar should contain.
> In that way, ppl who want Axis2 to be just as much shim as possible (say
> mobile devices) can just look for core and xml to be in their axis2.jar,
> whereas who wish to have it as much robust as possible can even think of
> having jaxrpc (if at all it comes out :-) ) module bundled up in their
> axis2.jar

+1, definitely!  We could allow direct customization like you describe
(specify a specific list of jars), and also allow for "modes", like:

axis.jarstyle = [full, compact, jaxws, xmlBeans, embedded, etc]

--G

Re: [Axis2] Doesn't addressing classes come bundled withaxis2-0.91.jar?

Posted by jayachandra <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
I was just pondering about this when something struck my mind. At the time
of maven can it be possible to give a customization option something like
maven.singlejar.include={ comma seperated list of modules } , which would
decide what the axis2.jar should contain.
In that way, ppl who want Axis2 to be just as much shim as possible (say
mobile devices) can just look for core and xml to be in their axis2.jar,
whereas who wish to have it as much robust as possible can even think of
having jaxrpc (if at all it comes out :-) ) module bundled up in their
axis2.jar
 Just a thought, though!
 Thanks
Jaya