Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/31 20:23:30 UTC

Re: Locale issue with kendoui local date time picker

(transferring to users@)

Hi Maxim,

The #setLabel issue is because DateTimePicker is a composition (of a
DatePicker and a TimePicker), therefore you need to set it in #newDateTime
and #newTimePicker.
If I supply DateTimePicker#label to underlying datepicker and timepicker,
it will be unique/same for both components, and it will override any value
that may have been set by the user (in case he wish to have 2 different
labels). Maybe I can issue a warning if the user calls #setLabel...

The am/pm issue is more problematic. Kendo states that colombian am/pm
marker is a.m. and p.m. The problem is that this marker (with dots) just
does not exists in Java, AFAIK.
For the widget to work, both pattern (java & kendo) should be compatible.
That's the reason why the java pattern can be optionally supplied to
DateTimer & TimePicker ctors. But in your that case it does not help,
except if there is a way to have a custom am/pm based on a
DateTimeFormatter (it will requires a change to be able to supply the
formatter to the widget)

Conclusion : you can try to implement a DateTimeFormatter for this am/pm
case, and I will update the API if you succeed, or we consider we are
reaching a limitation and you fallback colombian to default es (I will deny
having said that colombian is like spanish, okay?)

Best regards (to Colombian people :)),
Sebastien

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'm afraid this is incomplete solution
I can try to get all different AM/PM symbols, but solution seems to be
incomplete :(

According to this demo: http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/datetimepicker/api
Telerik own datetimepicker.value() JS getter returns GMT date/time
Can it be used?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Locale issue with kendoui local date time picker

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Locale issue with kendoui local date time picker

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
AM can also be:

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Locale issue with kendoui local date time picker

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
BTW problem is wider :(

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Locale issue with kendoui local date time picker

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax