Posted to ruleqa@spamassassin.apache.org by Axb <ax...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/11 18:29:08 UTC

--net mascheck

This evening (GMT) I'll run foo's --net masscheck, to simulate the
weekend's run which took hours.

I'm curious to see if the ugly slowness is due to DNS issues or SA code?

As we're not getting updsates anyway, it doesn't really matter if my
extra --net run comes in late, or whatever.

If somebody gives me clear instructions how to add the timeing plugin
I'd add. (I have not time to do the research)

Axb

Re: --net mascheck

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 12/11/2012 06:29 PM, Axb wrote:
> This evening (GMT) I'll run foo's --net masscheck, to simulate the
> weekend's run which took hours.
>
> I'm curious to see if the ugly slowness is due to DNS issues or SA code?
>
> As we're not getting updsates anyway, it doesn't really matter if my
> extra --net run comes in late, or whatever.
>
> If somebody gives me clear instructions how to add the timeing plugin
> I'd add. (I have not time to do the research)

started the --net job and tailing spam-axb-foo.log,
I can go for a walk till a msg is processed.
Average scan time is 15 sec.

Re: --net mascheck

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 12/11/2012 08:04 PM, Marc Andre Selig wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 07:58:38PM +0100, Axb wrote:
>
>> running.. where the heck is that timing.log :)
>
> It only appears just before mass-check exits, after the whole corpus
> has been processed.

ok - would take all night to process 300k msgs
Better get rid of most of that spam corpus so we see a result, fast.

Re: --net mascheck

Posted by Marc Andre Selig <a2...@sedacon.com>.
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 07:58:38PM +0100, Axb wrote:

> running.. where the heck is that timing.log :)

It only appears just before mass-check exits, after the whole corpus
has been processed.

Regards,
Marc

Re: --net mascheck

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 12/11/2012 07:48 PM, Marc Andre Selig wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 06:29:08PM +0100, Axb wrote:
>> This evening (GMT) I'll run foo's --net masscheck, to simulate the
>> weekend's run which took hours.
> [...]
>> If somebody gives me clear instructions how to add the timeing
>> plugin I'd add. (I have not time to do the research)
>
> Just add these lines at the end of setup_masscheck() in auto-mass-check.sh:
>
>      if [ "$TYPE" = "weekly_mass_check" ]; then
>          echo "loadplugin HitFreqsRuleTiming $WORKDIR/$TYPE/masses/plugins/HitFreqsRuleTiming.pm" >> spamassassin/local.cf
>      fi

done   entry is  local.cf

running.. where the heck is that timing.log :)

Re: --net mascheck

Posted by Marc Andre Selig <a2...@sedacon.com>.