Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jammy Chen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/14 13:49:58 UTC

Tomcat upgrade from 7 to latest 8

Hello All,

I am just trying upgrade tomcat 7 to latest GA 8 for my application, I am
seeing quite lots of change in web dav functionality.

The org.apache.naming.resources.ProxyDirContext do not exists do anybody
know where I can find the alternative? in the past we got use resource to
lookup something but now is not this one, can anybody know any doc?

Jammy

Re: Tomcat upgrade from 7 to latest 8

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> Hello All,
>
> I am just trying upgrade tomcat 7 to latest GA 8 for my application, I am
> seeing quite lots of change in web dav functionality.
>
> The org.apache.naming.resources.ProxyDirContext do not exists do anybody
> know where I can find the alternative? in the past we got use resource to
> lookup something but now is not this one, can anybody know any doc?

There is a new resources abstraction (and configuration) in Tomcat 8.
The old one based on JNDI interfaces (org.apache,naming) is gone.

http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

What changes do you mean when you are talking about "web dav"?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko