Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ralph Churchill <ch...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/10 21:41:06 UTC

table within table

I'd like to display a table where the data is a list of "parents" each
containing its own list of "children". As the list of parents is
iterated over using contrib:Table, I would like to then display their
children, like so:

Parent1 Child1
             Child2
             Child3
Parent2 Child1
             Child2
             Child3
and so on....

Is there some way that I can create a TableColumn that is, in turn, a
table itself? Or would all of this just be easier with nested a nested
foreach? Thanks!

RMC

Re: table within table

Posted by Ralph Churchill <ch...@gmail.com>.
The more I thought about it, the more I realized that it IS possible
to use a contrib:TableView for what I wanted to do. Basically, I have
one contrib:TableView for the parent, then my last column is just
called "details" which will represent the "children". So, in my HTML,
I do:

                        jwcid="details@contrib:Table"
                        source="ognl:parent.children"
                        columns="... "/>

parent is the contrib:TableRows "row"... and children is a list from parent...

In other words, I have a column (accessed by xxxColumnValue@Block)
which is, in turn, a table! Works perfectly and I get all the benefits
of contrib:Table!

RMC

Re: table within table

Posted by Dennis Fleurbaaij <de...@io-software.nl>.