Posted to dev@milagro.apache.org by John McCane-Whitney <jo...@qredo.com> on 2020/02/10 13:46:53 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto-C V2.0.1 released

Hi,

On behalf of the Apache Milagro (incubating) community, I'd like to
announce the release of Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto-C V2.0.1

OVERVIEW:

Apache Milagro Crypto C is a standards compliant C cryptographic library
with no external dependencies and v2.0.1-incubating is the second Apache
Software foundation release of this library.

There are two main additions to the library and they both impact the API
hence the jump from v1.0.0 to v2.0.1:

Shamir's Secret Sharing (SSS) has been added to the library. There is
also functionality combining the existing BLS solution with SSS to
enable signature aggregation without revealing the secret key share.
This change is required by the Milagro DTA
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-dta) and will allow
subsequent releases of the DTA to be built from an official Apache
release of the crypto-c library.

The Paillier additively homomorphic cryptosystem has also been added to
the library which will be required by subsequent releases of the DTA to
enable Multi-Party Computation of cryptocurrency wallet addresses and
subsequently to create transaction signatures for these wallets.

The library now also supports Python 3 and formulas in the documentation
are now rendered using MathJax.

RELEASE:

The official release can be downloaded from the Apache Milagro website:
http://milagro.apache.org/docs/downloads/

Release notes including a full description of the library and rationale
for this release can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-crypto-c/releases/tag/2.0.1

Instructions on how to build (including documentation) and test the
project can be found in the project's README:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-crypto-c
Full documentation for the library is also hosted here:
http://milagro.apache.org/docs/amcl-c-api-2.0.0/

On behalf of the Milagro community, I would like to thank all our
contributors, mentors and the IPMC.,

John

John McCane-Whitney
Director of Product at Qredo Ltd
T: +44 7966 490687
Kemp House
152 – 160 City Road
London
EC1V 2NX
https://qredo.com

Apache Milagro (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at The
Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator.
Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a
reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does
indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto-C V2.0.1 released

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 13:46:53 +0000
John McCane-Whitney <jo...@qredo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On behalf of the Apache Milagro (incubating) community, I'd like to
> announce the release of Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto-C V2.0.1

Congratulations to all involved!

--
Nick Kew