Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Shiva Teja <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/21 21:09:19 UTC

GSoC 2013 - Project Discussion

Hi,

After a bit of discussion on the irc I said that I'll be working on 3 small
projects for GSoC (Social Cards Integration (#480), Embeddable tickets/
objects(#479) and a wiki to text functionality).

Currently I am planning to work on "Add Time Series Reports(#489)". I might
need a little more clarification on this. What are some general information
queries(?) on the reports ? Any pointers to such existing  functionalities
should also be fine.

Regards,
Shiva Teja.(irc: teja)

Re: GSoC 2013 - Project Discussion

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 3:46 AM, Joachim Dreimann <
joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On 29 April 2013 08:32, Shiva Teja <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > Sorry for going silent for all these days. I had exams.
> >

> No problem. I hope they went well.
>

> > Coming back to the implementation of the project. I am not sure all of it
> > can be done in the specified time. But I hope to generate as many reports
> > as I can. As I replied in some other thread, I think I can generate most
> of
> > the reports periodically using the TracCronPlugin[1] and once they are
> > generated, it shouldn't be tough to serve them as a separate page or to
> > mail them or to exposing them as widgets. The only problem I see is, the
> > plugin is not under active development. And I am not sure if you are okay
> > with using it(license etc..).
> >

> The license for TracCronPlugin is fine, the fact that the plugin is not
> being developed could be an issue.

There is recent commit activity on the plugin (Feb 2013 [1]), and a new
maintainer as of a few months ago. I think the new maintainer intends to
keep up with it, but if you have any questions you might add a reply to
this ticket [2] or email the maintainer directly [3]. The new maintainer
moved hosting of the plugin from trac-hacks to BitBucket.

> I am trying to see the one's I can complete in the time span. If you still
> > think this is overly ambitious, I will stick back to the projects I've
> been
> > talking about.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Shiva Teja
>

> You need to put a proposal together with information on how you'll achieve
> it. Don't try to make the largest possible proposal. It's better for you to
> include stretch goals for things you will try to complete but have a core
> that you are certain you can achieve.
>
> Cheers,
> Joe

[1] http://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10835