Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/18 01:00:18 UTC

web conference for views workshop?

I didn't even think to ask if there's any way of doing a web
conference for the views workshop.  I'm behind on understanding views
and obviously didn't make it to the ApacheCon Europe so if there's
anyway to conference in let me know.  I realize that any decisions
will be made on list afterwards but I hate to miss hearing the rich
discussion in the workshop.  If not, no worries, I'll dig in and learn
it eventually, just thought hearing this would be a nice bootstrapping
effort.

Thanks,
--tim

Re: web conference for views workshop?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> We will be able to create a sound recording and make
> that available for later download. Let us hope
> that we can all speak clearly.

There is now a separate SVN repository at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/events
to hold such stuff.

The sound files are there now. Be warned that
they are large. See the notes at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/events/apachecon-eu-2005/readme.txt

If you hear anything that is damaging to be made public
then say so and i will snip it out and reload the files
(big job but i will do it if necessary).

David

Re: web conference for views workshop?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Tim Williams wrote:
> I didn't even think to ask if there's any way of doing a web
> conference for the views workshop.  I'm behind on understanding views
> and obviously didn't make it to the ApacheCon Europe so if there's
> anyway to conference in let me know.  I realize that any decisions
> will be made on list afterwards but I hate to miss hearing the rich
> discussion in the workshop.  If not, no worries, I'll dig in and learn
> it eventually, just thought hearing this would be a nice bootstrapping
> effort.

We have already considered that Tim, and are working on
a solution. ... back soon.

David